Staying at our Luv Surf Vacation Homes comes with amazing amenities for the whole family and some of the best views in San Diego. Who doesn’t want a vacation home stocked with boogie boards, bikes, toys, and books?
Playing cornhole at Fireside by The Patio.
Let’s be honest, the kids get antsy and need time to run and get their energy out. Don’t worry we’ve got some great places for you to take the little ones. You may be on break but the kids can still learn and have fun at the same time. Check out these spots around the city that will entertain, impress, and tire kids out!
- Liberty Station. Swing by Liberty Station for family fun. Check out shopping, walk the market, then stop at Fireside by The Patio for a delicious dinner. The restaurant has a playground for kids and a children’s menu too.
- Waterfront Park. Located along Pacific Highway next to the San Diego County Administration building, this free public park has refreshing water fountains (ideal on hot days!), grass areas, and lots of play equipment too. The kids will splash around and get tired! That means more time for parents to relax. Bring a picnic lunch from The Patio Express!
- Flower Hill Promenade. Grab your morning coffee at Swell Coffee Co., a kid-friendly eatery in Del Mar. The kiddos can order hot chocolate or smoothies, as well as breakfast sandwiches and pastries.
- Santa Clara Point Beach. Grab weekday brunch at The Patio on Lamont – it’s not too crowded during the week. Then head to Mission Beach Surf Co. to stock up on beach essentials and get some souvenirs too at this convenient store. Pick up sunscreen, lip balm, beaded jewelry, and more.
- LEGOLAND. If you’re always stepping on stray building blocks at home, chances are your kids love Legos. Build their creativity with a trip to this family-friendly theme park which has over 60 rides, shows and attractions. There’s also a splash opportunity! LEGOLAND Waterpark is open seasonally. After the theme park fun, why not pick up yummy pizza from Surf Rider Pizza Co. to take back to your vacation rental? They have amazing desserts too! If you’re going to vacation, do it right.
- Coronado Ferry Landing. Grab your sand pails and shovels! This is an ideal place to chill out. You’ll be looking at San Diego Bay with views of the city skyline while your kiddos have fun digging in the sand and dipping their toes in the surf. Win-win! Walk around the Ferry Landing to pick up some souvenirs or a snack. Don’t miss the Tuesday Farmer’s Market.
- Museums in Balboa Park. This place is the one-stop-solution to beat boredom. Hit the museums in Balboa Park to learn about everything from science to space travel to trains to artwork and history. Then walk trails in the park, visit the Japanese Friendship Garden for a snack, and hit the Organ Pavilion for pictures. Don’t miss the fountain outside the Fleet Science Center.
- Belmont Park. Before you head home, swing by The Patio Express to stock up on treats for your furbabies! Your pups will yelp with joy when they see the presents you got them at this community store in Mission Beach.
- California Surf Museum. Surf’s Up! Immerse yourself in the California surf scene with a trip to this Oceanside museum. Learn about the history of surfboards, surfing, and its effect on pop culture.
- Midway Museum. Teach kids about history by visiting the longest-serving American aircraft carrier of the 20th century. There’s a self-guided audio tour for kids. Little ones will love exploring flight simulators, climbing in planes, and learning about knot tying. Midway Museum, located on Harbor Drive in downtown San Diego, is open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.